Re: Code .088" wheels

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

Mike and Dennis: the two of you are amazing, and it is exactly this type of reasoned erudite dialogue that in the end advances the science of this hobby a few more notches for all of us.

Dennis and Tim alluded to filling the frogs to .025" clearance. I have filled a few frogs in this way using lightweight sculptor's epoxy. I then cleared out the flangeways to depth with a short segment of a hacksaw blade (the set of the teeth just about matches the flangeway width).

After doing a few, I stopped, inasmuch as I perceive no difference whatsoever in operations- probably at least in part for the reasons that Dennis outlines.

Denny
--
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento, California