Replacing Leaf Springs

Norm Dresner <ndrez@...>

Going through my hell-box I came across a pair of tender trucks which had
been put out to pasture because a leaf-spring broke and another is on
permanent vacation in a dense pile carpet.

I can (and have) replaced coil springs for freight/passenger car trucks,
but where can I get or how can I make replacement leaf springs that at
least look plausible. I'm willing to replace every one if necessary to get
uniformity. FWIW, each truck uses 4 leaf springs, two on each side, that
are about .060"/1.5mm wide and it looks like it would be a small major
project to convert them to coil springs.

Thanks
Norm

(Humble apologies if this is a duplicate posting; my reader/e-mail program
occasionally does some undecipherable things).