From: "Norm Dresner" <ndrez@att.net>
To: "steamfreight" <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, 24 January, 2002 21:01
Subject: [STMFC] Replacing Leaf Springs

: Going through my hell-box I came across a pair of tender
trucks which had
: been put out to pasture because a leaf-spring broke and
another is on
: permanent vacation in a dense pile carpet.
:
: I can (and have) replaced coil springs for
freight/passenger car trucks,
: but where can I get or how can I make replacement leaf
springs that at
: least look plausible. I'm willing to replace every one if
necessary to get
: uniformity. FWIW, each truck uses 4 leaf springs, two on
each side, that
: are about .060"/1.5mm wide and it looks like it would be a
small major
: project to convert them to coil springs.
:
: Thanks
: Norm
:
:
: (Humble apologies if this is a duplicate posting; my
reader/e-mail program
: occasionally does some undecipherable things).
:
:
:
:
:
: Access Your PC from Anywhere
: Full setup in 2 minutes! - Free Download
: http://us.click.yahoo.com/pmECdA/2XkDAA/DIxGAA/9MtolB/TM
:
: