H.H. Copeland Reports

Dana and Larry Kline <klinelarrydanajon@...>

<Dave Nelson wrote:
Larry, where did you find the H.H. Copeland reports? What year do they
cover?>

The Guide to RR Historical Resources by Taber lists the Copeland Reports (on
interchange and traffic density) holdings at the Baker Library at the
Harvard Business School, The Transportation Library at Northwestern Univ.,
and the St. Louis Mercantile Library. I have used the holdings at Harvard
and Northwestern. The Northwestern is much more laid back. They permit
copying and don't require permission to publish research results. Harvard
will supply copied, at a higher cost and does require permission to publish
research results.

The holdings at Northwestern cover WM for most years from 1926 to 1956.
However, this unusual. For many railroads, there is data for only one or a
few years. I didn't make a list of the holdings at Northwestern. The
holdings at Harvard are: (RR no of yrs.) Alton 3, AA 2, ATSF 6, ACL 8, B&O
6, BAR 3, B&A 6, B&M 21, CP 2, CGa 2, CRRNJ 5, CV 1, C&O 6, C&EI 14, C&NW 7,
CB&Q 14, CGW 5, CI&L 13, MILW 16, RI 26, CCStL 9, C&S 11, D&H 14, DL&W 11,
DRGW 30, ERIE 17, FEC 13, GN 5, GTW 1, Gulf Coast 11, GM&O 6, IC 12, IGN 11,
KCS 10, LV 1, L&A 1, L&N 4, MEC 21, MC 8, M&StL 2, SOO 39, MKT 16, MP 15,
M&O 2, Monon 1, NC&StL 1, NYC 9, NYC&StL 5, NH 2, NYO&W 2, NS 1, NP 6, PRR
4, P&LE 4, RDG 4, Frisco 9, StLSW 3, Seaboard 13, SP 5, SR 13, T&P 9, UP 10,
VGN 4, WAB 21, WM 32, Panama Canal 1.

Larry Kline