Re: Modeler's Guide to Steel Boxcars (or "Boxcars for Dummies")

Roger Parry <uncleroger@...>

I believe I was present at Naperville that year and was very impressed. The NMRA has this available??

On Apr 13, 2006, at 9:19 AM, lnbill wrote:

The NMRA sells a video they shot of a convention presentation I did one
year entitled something like "A History of the Forty Foot Boxcar as
Told Through Models" that was originally developed for presentation at
Sunshine Models Naperville gathering around 1995-96. It started about
1910 I think with a Harriman design and goes through 1955 with an AAR
welded steel design. I think you can check it out through the library
there.

Many of the folks on this list have seen this presentation, and from
the feedback I received at the time, there were no major errors, or
even minor ones.

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@..., "RichBeau" <RichBeau@...> wrote:

As the resident newbie I've not found a solid "Boxcars for Dummies"
(or
a Complete Idiot's Guide to Boxcars for that matter). It sure would
be
nice to have a resource for this sort of info.

In fact there's only two choices; the Kalmbach Guiode to Freight Cars
or start pulling on the tail of the Ouroborous.

--Rich
who's really not a shill

Yahoo! Groups Links