From: <timboconnor@comcast.net>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Kadee hopper

Sam, I think I know how to save you a whole lotta money and bring
down the cost of the second car. You make two molds! :-)

No charge for the advice.

Tim

From: <mail@kadee.com>
Hello Tim,

Actually we never thought of that but now that I have, there are a
number
of reasons. The biggest is the added costs both tooling and labor, we
just
took a $40 car and made it into a $70 to $80 car.
To do this, there would be only two orientations of the stakes and
perhaps
a multi cavity mold. Then the labor of attaching the stakes either semi
automated or by hand. Since the shell is very thin at the top it would
be
extremely difficult to make the peg holes where they wouldn't be seen on
the
inside but be enough to hold the stakes firmly. We spent great pains to
make
the shell one piece and make the offset interior so adding peg holes
just
adds to the complicated mold. Also, there is absolutely no glue or
adhesives
on any of our cars so the side stakes would have to be a press fit (pegs
into tight holes).

Have you seen one of these cars yet?

Sam Clarke
Kadee Quality Products