--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Brock" <brockm@...> wrote:

Dave Smith says about narrow gauge cars:
Actually, I suppose there might be a case in which a narrow gauge car
was a
cargo on a real frt car. In that case, I suppose one might be able to
discuss it...for a narrow time period.

Mike Brock
Actually, the two narrow gauge C&S reefers that Micro Trains produced,
#1113 and 1116, both were obtained by the Rio Grande Southern and
traveled on "real frt cars" on the D&RGW standard gauge from Denver to
Salida. After unloading they went over the narrow gauge Marshall Pass
line to Gunnison, then to Montrose, then to Ridgway.

BTW, were there any standard gauge railroads that did not have "real
frt cars"?

Stan Schwedler
Coronado Scale Models