Re: Files get dull

Michael Aufderheide

Tom,

Tell me what your laminate file looks like. It sounds useful. A google search turned up filing cabinets!

Mike

pullmanboss <tgmadden@...> wrote: This is not news and will no doubt provide no revalations to most
STMFC members, but files are among the tools we tend to to ignore as
they age. I do more filing of resin castings than most people and keep
my files scrupulously clean. Even so, I recently replaced my laminate
file, my mainstay tool for filing the backs of castings to remove
flash, and the improvement in material removal rate was amazing. Yeah,
I know, files are cutting tools and eventually become dull and should
be replaced like saw, knife or razor blades. But they're like a car's
shock absorbers, degrading so slowly that you don't really notice how
bad they've gotten until they're replaced.

Tom Madden

Train travel Freight car Canada train travel Train travel in italy North american