Re: Organization of freight car info

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Dave Eggleston wrote:
2) CD shelf life is
potentially short--as little as 5 years. I know, I
manage a group of CD builders at a large software
company and we've seen CDs degrade to the point of
being unreadable, just by sitting on a shelf. Make
sure you're making regular copies of those CDs, say
every couple of years.
Extremely good point. I've run into this too, and have some data (luckily not critical) which was lost on rotted CDs. I believe this is a problem of CD-R, not commercially produced software CDs. Maybe Dave can elaborate.

Publishers of books on railroad history