Re: WM hopper trucks

John Nehrich <nehrij@...>

Larry - thanks - John

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dana and Larry Kline" <klinelarrydanajon@worldnet.att.net>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 4:35 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: WM hopper trucks

<John Nehrich wrote:
One of our members is assembling a bunch of the Stewart channel side
hoppers, and wanted to know what trucks to use. I found one picture where
think the car had Andrews, but it isn't clear, and one photo does not a
roster make. Any information? - John>

All of the 1947 and later photos I have of WM channel side hoppers show
cast
steel (Bettendorf) trucks of various types. Some photos show two
different
truck types on one car. Some of the 1916-17 Pullman hoppers that were
converted to channel side cars in 1927-32 were built with Bettendorf
T-section trucks and kept them after rebuilding. The latest photo I have
of
a car with Bettendorf T-section trucks is dated 1942. I also have one
1940
photo of a car with one cast steel truck and one Bettendorf T-section
truck.

Larry Kline