Re: Virginian H12 and H14 hoppers

rockroll50401 <cepropst@...>

Tim,
I have a photo (so do those who bought the Wheeler CD from me) of
an empty VGN hopper in Stewartville MN about to be loaded with iron
ore for shipment to Granite City IL
Rules are ment to be broken.
Clark Propst
PS No, I can't prove it.

Hoppers of the VGN were subject to Car Service Rule C-411 which
required
that all empty VGN, C&O, N&W and L&N hoppers were returned to
their
owners after being unloaded. Because this Rule was simple, it was
clearly understood and generally followed.

Therefore, their range extended to anywhere coal mined on the VGN
was
used. So the assumption is that, if there was a VGN hopper, it was
either loaded with coal mined on the VGN, or returning back to the
VGN
empty. Such an assumption could not be made for any hopper owned
by a
road not subject to Rule C-411.

Tim Gilbert