UTLX X-5

Bill Darnaby

My resin building season has started and I have started in on a couple of Sunshine X-5's that I picked up at Naperville last October. The boxes are labled as steel walkways and platforms but one of the kits is a wood walkway version instead. I am building it anyway but I would like to know if anyone out there has photo evidence of a car with wood walkways and platform. I don't require the photo...road number and reweigh/new date would do. If not, I'll just leave the platform off.

I don't know if any of you guys have attempted one of these but I have found the instructions less than adequate for the task...very un-Sunshinelike. The data sheet provides some additional modeling notes that are supposed to suppliment the X-3 instructions. However, there are enough differences between the X-3 and X-5 that it is left to the modeler to really study the photos to determine what goes where. Which reminds me...the data sheet only has photos of the right sides of the cars. Does anybody know if the AB valve sets over the reservoir as on the X-3?

Thanks,
Bill Darnaby