Re: 13th Prototype Modelers Seminar - Naperville Illinois - 2006

Thomas M. Olsen <tmolsen@...>

Good afternoon everyone,

Just a short note to let you know that Martin Lofton has confirmed his
arrangements with the Holiday Inn Select in Naperville, Illinois for
this fall's Sunshine RPM meet. I spoke with Tricia Lofton this
afternoon and she advised that the show is set up for Thursday, October
26th, 2006 through Sunday Morning, October 29th, 2006. It will be again
held at the Holiday Inn Select at Naper Boulevard and I-88 in
Naperville, Illinois. You can call for reservations at: 1 (800) Holiday
or the Naperville Holiday Inn Select directly at 1 (630) 505-4900.

Tricia said that she was not sure about the room rate which she believed
was $84-$85 per night plus tax. I spoke with Tina, the Holiday Inn
Convention Coordinator in Naperville right after speaking with Tricia
and Tina advised that the room rates have been held to $79 per room as
it was in the last three years.

Last year, Martin had a higher rate ($99) for the three days prior to
the Seminar dates, but I did not discuss that with Tricia or the Hotel.
If there is a special rate for that time period, we will have to wait
until the flyers come out. Also, for those who share and need a
roll-away for a third person, there is an additional cost of $15 plus
tax per night for the roll-away. This is pretty much standard as that
is almost the same cost that the Radisson in Camp Hill, Pa.,, charged
for a roll-away per night when I attended the PRRT&HS Annual Meeting in May.

Tricia advised that the City of Naperville is making arrangements to buy
the Holiday Inn to add to it's size and make it a Convention Center, but
that has not as yet been finalized according to Tina.

Tricia advised that they expect to get the advance flyers for Naperville
out sometime next month, perhaps in conjunction with their attendance at
or after the Southern Pacific Historical Society meet.

Well, guys make your reservations!

Regards,

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road, West Branch