Re: Atlas Trainman hopper

Andy Carlson

Yes, my understanding was that their earliest artwork ATLAS sent to China had a 2 page drawing crossing over the binding, and in China, the pasted together print yielded the "Extra Wide" rib, which was dutifully reproduced for us North Americans. They sold that way for some time, and I don't know if it was ever corrected, since as a Westerner, I get to ignore coal Hoppers.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...> wrote:
http://www.atlastrainman.com/HOFreight/tmho2bay.htm

It's a bit disconcerting to see that their paint and lettering layout
drawings still have that goofy center side stake of the original run
of this model.