Re: trust plates

SamClarke

Hello Group,

Some years ago when I was doing the research for a Columbus & Greenville 40 foot PS-1 box car I found a contact for the correct color of green. He had a trust plate from a scrapped PS-1 that he sent to us. It was a heavy cast metal with raised lettering and edges and I believe it was cast iron and not zinc or zamac. This provided us with the actual shade of green we needed. The front of the plate was typically faded to a dull haze of green but the back was still the original unfaded color. This, of course, indicates that the car and plate were painted separately.

Sam Clarke
Kadee Quality Products