Re: Seaboard steam era stock cars/Pratt truss stock cars

proto48er

John - Many, many thanks for the information on the Seaboard
ventilated boxcars! We are trying to see whether a model of these
cars is feasible. I have drawings of both V-9 and V-10 cars, but they
had no information on them as to what number series of cars they
represent. Several years ago, we considered a resin kit for the ACL
ventilated boxcars, but the idea was dropped when the patternmaker
could not see a way to make the ventilated door. The mesh is woven in
and out between the vertical bars in the ACL car door - the Seaboard
cars do not appear to have this problem! A.T. Kott