Rebuilt(?) SFRD Reefers

T Larson <mhrreast@...>

I'm seeking information about SFRD reefers with plug doors as shown at

http://www.geocities.com/oldlahistory/sfrd4206.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/oldlahistory/sfrd33055.jpg
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=90282 SFRD 11194 class Rr48
http://freight.railfan.ca/atsf/sfrd11286.jpg

I presume that they are rebuilt from swing door cars. Based on their diverse numbers I presume they are from several classes. I have scoured all my books, magazine articles, and on-line sources and have found no mention of them. Can anybody provide info or suggest on-line, book, or magazine references?
I'm interested knowing general information about these; when and why they were done, were the numbers changed, were the whole class modified....
Most importantly, I'm interested in knowing specific info, especially what was on the opposite side; text or map; what numbers received which train name, to enable accurate modeling. All the photos I cite above are for cars of 13'-4" height with fish-belly frame.

There are also similar cars of 14'-1" height with straight frame. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/rsPicture.aspx?id=13199 http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/rsPicture.aspx?id=27015 http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/rsPicture.aspx?id=104897 SFRD 11461 (photo not on line)

--
Ted Larson

If a man is alone in a forest, is he still wrong?