Re: Great Movie

Frank Fertitta <frank1357@...>

Thanks for the heads up about this movie. It should be on the must see list for Southern Pacific steam fans.

I thought it was interesting that they were using 2-8-0s on reefer blocks and a light Pacific on a work extra. 0-6-0 switcher 1231 was prominent in one shot.

Frank

Jim Williams <wwww5960@yahoo.com> wrote:
Jeff....I got it on my DVR.....Lots of fun, great SP shots....Thanks for the heads up......Jim Williams

JEFFREY LEAMAN <RRsafety1@msn.com> wrote: I know this is kind of late, but I wanted to get the word out about a great old movie that will be shown tomorrow morning from 7:45 a to 9 am on Turner Classic Movies (Channel 73 on Comcast) It's called "Other Men's Women" and it was made in 1931. The plot has to do with an engineer and his fireman and the engineer's wife. It was filmed on live steam freight trains and includes an actual staged sideswipe collision between two trains. It also seems that this might be one of James Gagney's first movie roles as he is definitely in the picture but give little in any credit.

This is must watch on the order of some earlier railroad movies; lame plots but real action among real working trains.

Hope you see this before it's two late.

Jeff Leaman