From: "John Golden" <golden1014@...>
To: <stmfc@...>
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 10:55 PM
Subject: [STMFC] NYC Box Car Heralds, c.1950

Gentlemen,

I'm finishing about a half dozen HO NYC cars and am in
need of help with heralds. Am using the new Speedwitch
decal set on all the house cars--one each 1937 (Red
Caboose), 1937 Modified (Intermountain) and 1944
(Branchline). Shop dates on all cars are 1949/1950 as
my target layout date is mid-1950.

Q: Would the cars for this target date have the clear
herald, or the herald with the black background? I'm
using the P&LE marks for the '37 car. I bought the
Branchline car decorated for NYC but didn't like the
factory paint and am refinishing it, and I recall that
it had a clear herald. Have done a little internet
research and am more confused. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

John

John Golden
O'Fallon, IL