From: Gatwood, Elden J SAD
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:13 AM
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: Unloading Gondolas was:Coal In Gondolas Etc

Steve;
Was there a small trestle to elevate the cars enough that they could be
unloaded using a small chute (like opening up alternating doors on a Santa Fe
drop bottom gon), or did they have to shovel the entire car up and over the
side? Those hatches look high, and those working it must've been awfully
tired at the end of the day!

Thanks for the nice link,

Elden Gatwood