Re: Sandblasting Resin Kits

Michael Aufderheide

Pierre,

I've had the same issue, especially with Funaro kits. The Floquil paint beads-away from ribs especially. I've found a coat of dull-coat and then a second coat will cure this, otherwise the second coat will not cover for me either. I get the sense that the glass-like surface of the resin causes this.....something blasting would cure no doubt.

Regards,

Mike Aufderheide

pierreoliver2003 <pierre.oliver@sympatico.ca> wrote: While I agree with Al that no surface prep beyond washing is required
on todays resin kits, I have had a problem with the new formulation of
Floquil paints. Since Floquil is now an enamel type rather than a
laquer based paint, I've been having major coverage issues. The paint
behaves like the surface is unwashed, beads and pools. Oddly this
behaviour goes away with a quick second coat. Anyone have any thoughts?
Pierre Oliver

._,___