Re: Fw: Vintage-Freight-Cars-N-Crummys insulated tank cars

cj riley <cjriley42@...>

I have built that car and, coincidentally, spent my honeymoon in Sistersville
in 1981, overlooking the B&O tracks. I was curious abut this car and researched
it back then. The only thing I recall is finding a photograph in one of the
Trainshed Cyclopedias. I'm sure others have more info.

CJ Riley

--- Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:

Forwarded from the Vintage-Freight-Cars-N-Crummys group. Please cc: replies
to mcquadr 'at' yahoo 'dot' ca.

"I have already raised this topic on Model Railroader's chat room &
have checked out other sites but thought that maybe somebody could
give me additional info about the Ambroid 1 in 5000 model of an
insulated tank car. It is a model of a Riverside Oil Company jacketed
tank car apparently built around 1914 & operated out of Sisterville,
West Virginia. I would appreciate any other info anybody could give
me about this car - i.e. where did it run, what did it carry, etc.?
Thank you very much.
Yours,
Richard McQuade"

http://mail.yahoo.com