Re: Santa Fe USRA Rebuilt Reefers

Ted Larson

--- In STMFC@..., Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...>
wrote:
Even
those cars would have had side sill reinforcements added below the
doors, as are illustrated in several photos in the reefer book.
I hope this is helpful.
Richard Hendrickson
In researching the web, magazines, and books in preparation for doing a
plug door car, I noted variety in whether the side was reinforced, and
HOW it was reinforced. I also noticed variety in whether any black was
used on the door, and where on the door / mechanism it was used.
Regarding which train name was used on the plug door cars, the only
name that I found a photo of was The Super Chief.