Re: Help w/FGE/WFE/BRE truss rod article

Pieter Roos

Hi Don;

I'd start with Bill Welch's article in RMJ. It covers all the
affiliates, is a good general history of FGEX and has a LOT of photos.
If you can't get it direct, I've had good luck with
http://railroadtreasures.com/ for used magazines.

Depending a bit on the period you model (and assuming HO scale), there
are a few options. The Accurail reefer is correct for BREX (also an
FGEX affiliate), as discussed by Bill in the Prototype Railroad Models
article (still in print from Ted). It can be converted into a decent
FGEX car as described by Scott pizer on the Steam Era Freignt Cars site:
http://www.steamfreightcars.com/modeling/models/pitzer/fgex34816main.html

Or wait for Intermountains model!

For the steel cars, the Accurail 3100 Series 40' Plug Door Boxcars
might make a good starting point (but I haven't scaled one out to see
how close).

Pieter Roos

--- In STMFC@..., Don Worthy <don_worthy@...> wrote:

It seems it will take some time and luck to get the copies of mags
that have been mentioned. So would someone throw me a bone and let me
know what model is correct for the "starting model"? Either wood or
steel. I'll need them both. I just don't know which model to use as
the base.
Thanks guys
Don Worthy

Ted Culotta <tculotta@...> wrote:
>How do I obtain a subscription to the journal "Prototype
Modeling"?

I think he meant Prototype Railroad Modeling. There are no
subscriptions, but individual volumes (one to date) can be purchased at
www.speedwitch.com. The plan is for the next one will be out at
Naperville.

Regards,
Ted Culotta

Speedwitch Media
645 Tanner Marsh Road, Guilford, CT 06437
info@...
www.speedwitch.com
(650) 787-1912

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone
call rates.