Re: Stripping paint from resin models? Grit Blaster?

Gatwood, Elden J SAD <Elden.J.Gatwood@...>

Victor;
I once used my blaster (with the really gentle media) to try to removed new
acrylic paint off of a Westy G22. The paint I wanted removed had "pooled" in
blobs on the surface due to some issue with surface prep. The media barely
knicked the acrylic, but as it began to gradually whittle away the paint,
unknown to me, was deeply etching the resin around the paint. The surface
was permanently damaged.

I have used that same media to take off traditional paint, with few problems.
I never try to take it all off, as at some point you begin to damage the
surface, but only take off as much as needed to get a smooth surface ready
for coverage. I have found that just taking the lettering off is just as
good as removing most of the paint, as long as you prime it for light colors,
if needed.

I hope this helps.

Elden Gatwood