Re: new books

jaley <jaley@...>

On Sep 21, 5:13pm, Richard Hendrickson wrote:
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: new books
The point about the photo collection in the book which everyone seems
to be overlooking is that all of the photos were taken in a Southern
Pacific freight yard in Los Angeles, where box cars from any of the
northeastern railroads were less likely to appear than would have been
the case in, say, Minneapolis or Kansas City, much less Boston or
Baltimore.
Huh? I thought that Mssrs. Nelson and Gilbert used wheel reports to show
otherwise: that at any major point in the U.S., boxcars are distributed
according to their national percentage. I thought that, e.g. X29's were
as common in LA as they were in KC, Boston, or anywhere else (excluding
PRR rails).

Regards,

-Jeff

--