Re: fAIRFAX SFRD CARS

John Moore <jbmnem@...>

Well I will answer this question but it is outside the scope of this
list which goes from 1900 to 1960.

SFRM was introduced on the Santa Fe with the conversion of ten Rr-56
mechanicla refrigerator cars with meat racks in 1962. This was
followed with the conversion of ten Rr-55 ice bunker refrigerator
cars with meat racks in 1964.

John Moore
Albuquerque

--- In STMFC@..., "Kurt Laughlin" <fleeta@...> wrote:

Hi:

This must've been brand new in 1962 because in mid-1961 there were
no R_Ms at all listed for ATSF, nor a SFRM reporting mark. One
reporting mark website claims that mark did not appear until 1965,
FWIW.

KL