Re: Bruce Metcalf's Scale Coupler Study

cj riley <cjriley42@...>

An update is probably in order. I have been appointed coordinator for the NMRA
coupler project, including Bruce's study along with additional work. Several
people from this list have volunteered to help and I am still coming to grips
with the best procedures. As soon as I am up to speed and have coordinated the
volunteers, I will provide an update.

The project is not dead, just incomplete.

CJ Riley

--- Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...> wrote:

On Oct 10, 2006, at 10:58 AM, Mike Brock wrote:

The NMRA has not been quite as asleep on the scale coupler issue as we
might
have thought. There is a very interesting study by Bruce Metcalf at:
http://www.emuck.com/~rufus/rr/couplerm.htm as part of an NMRA effort
develop RP's/standards on the subject. While I know Bruce quite well I
was
unaware of this work [ at least I don't recall being aware ]. This
does not
suggest it is a secret effort, just further evidence that we don't
always
know as much as we might think we do. It does lead one to wonder,
perhaps,
that, since the study was essentially completed in 2004, why it has not
gained more publicity and what the next step is.
Mike, I knew about Bruce's work on this, and also knew that nothing had
come of it. For all practical purposes, it WAS a secret effort,
because the NMRA did absolutely nothing with it. I will observe your
guideline about not dissing the NMRA on this list, but the facts do
seem to speak for themselves.

Richard Hendrickson

http://mail.yahoo.com