Re: RPM meets

Charlie Vlk

Tony-
I remember walking around the Contest Room at an NMRA National during judging (somehow they were so wrapped up in their deliberations that they didn't kick me out!!!) and overhearing the judges arguing if the smudges on the side of a drop-dead beautiful scratchbuilt coaling tower were intentional weathering or poor workmanship....and, the conclusion was, since it wasn't noted on the entry form, it must not have been weathering. That kind of "system" (or people's interpretation of it) can ruin any desire to work to get a merit badge!!!
By contrast, there wasn't a model on display at Naperville that I didn't appreciate....and thanks to everyone who brought them and the presentors who spent the time and effort to share the results of their prototype and modeling research in the sessions!!! (It was also fun to see the results of some of my "modeling"....albeit with the help of some Korean and Chinese factory workers... running around on the Midwest ModuTrak layout.... and especially the World's Largest BLI Locomotive...
the ex- DRINW 121 / Ex BN 121 / nee CB&Q 9255 at the Illinois Railway Museum which was recently painted as CB&Q 9255 using my Broadway Limited artwork)!!!
Charlie Vlk