Re: Longevity and numbers of M&StL double sheathed boxcars

rockroll50401 <cepropst@...>

I'm at work, so I don't have access to any info other than to say these
were 36' cars with three different end bracing treatments in the same
number series. All M&StL box cars were even numbered all other car
types were odd numbered. The cars Soph protographed were at one of the
local cement plants, there were four of them. I think they went to the
Boone & Scenic Valley with the L&M caboose and wood side dump jennies.
There's an in service photo in one of the RP Cycs.
Later,
Clark Propst