Lettering and/or paint removal from Horizon/MDC cars painted in Chine

Max Robin

Folks:

Has anyone found a relatively quick way to remove either the lettering or
the lettering and paint from the current ex-MDC 37' boxcars, reefers and
stock cars which are currently being assembled and painted in China?
Apparently Horizon has no interest or intent to make them available
unpainted or painted w/data only lettering. I need to add numerous cars of
these type to Cheat River Coal and Lumber fleet of offline interchange cars
for my 1926 operating scenario. Art Griffin makes some great decals which
after some car body detail additions/corrections really make these cars look
great.

Thanks,

Max