Re: House car for groceries?

ljack70117@...

I went to work for the Un Pac in 1949 and we were using way bills for MTYs then.
Thank you
Larry Jackman
Boca Raton FL
ljack70117@...

On Nov 6, 2006, at 12:50 PM, Anthony Thompson wrote:

Malcolm Laughlin wrote (replying to Russ Strodtz):
Interesting, I had never heard of a railroad of that era
consistently using waybills for empties, but it is one way to keep
some control of empty car flow.
But empty general service cars returning on record rights or being
home road cars did not require waybills, just a line on the
interchange report.
Can we define whether Russ' mention of CB&Q waybilling empty
cars was at all common before 1960 (the period of this list)? I have
always heard of MTYs in the 1950s being handled as Malcolm describes,
just as switchlist or wheel report entries.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Yahoo! Groups Links