Re: Ancient Tank Cars

ajferguson@...

--- In STMFC@y..., Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@o...> wrote:
Are you volunteering to build a real HO scale
underframe for this model. If, in fact, a real underframe is
being contemplated, then it should take the form of molding patterns
for
resin parts which could be combined with the PSC tank. I would be
delighted to collaborate on such a project, and will see that
appropriate
artwork is created for decal lettering.

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520
Richard:
I would be delighted to help make the decals happen. I have modified a
Intermountain 8000 gal type 27 and created the artwork and printed
decals for a NSOX 352(North Star Oil) tank car.(written up in CRM) For
larger runs I've worked with Railgraphics ( CNR 1956 piggyback
trailer) and Microscale (CNR cab unit supplement).
I am no expert on tank cars. Canadian tank cars were different than
American but there was a good deal of cross fertilization. I have a
vested interest in seeing some progress towards models of tank cars of
the era that this list is about.
A project like this is about breaking down barriers. If we all do a
little we end up with a whole.
Allen Ferguson
Black Cat Publishing