Freight car details/parts

Fred Mullins

Folks,
I'm hoping to clean up and area and start to build detailed frt cats
for my 1955-62 era layout. Could someone tell me what detail parts I
should have in stock such as grab irons, stirrups and other parts I
should have on hand to start off with? Is there certain parts I show
get vs others? If there is anything others have learned over the years
of frt car building that they can pass on? I want to build both resin
kits and other detail kits such as intermountain, red caboose and
others along these lines.
I welcome all comments and thanks in advance,
Fred Mullins
modeling the Atlantic & Danville Railway!