Re: Scale tracks

Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@...>

Clark,

You scratch-build one, and as soon as you are finished somebody will be sure to offer a kit (or a Chinese-assembled model these days).

That is, except for a 50' PS-1 boxcar with 8' doors. :'(

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

rockroll50401 wrote:

I started reading RP Cyc 12 last week. As you can see, I'm quite behind on my reading. I enjoyed the article on track scales because I have a track scale on my layout. Within the last few weeks I came across some scale weight tickets, photos of a scale being installed and talked to someone who even remembered the speed the cars were shoved across the scale at (same as the article stated). I'm in the process of working up operations on the layout and had questions about how the scale was used. Sometimes it's amazing how everything falls together. I was lucky enough to find one of the resin scale houses, but I did scratch build the track portion of the scale. Now Walthers has the whole setup available. It's amazing how that anyways happens also.
Clark Propst