Re: PE and CGW cars

al_brown03

*And*, on p 69 there's a picture of CGW 91083, in Frederick, Md., on
6 Oct '46. So cars from both CGW and PE made it out East.

To summarize several comments from this thread and others, the point
is that boxcars in general service wandered all over. If you're
modeling an Eastern line, one probably didn't see a *lot* of cars
from smaller roads far away, but were there *some*? Sure. If you
have a PE car and a CGW car, of the right era, it's almost certainly
close-enough-to-prototypic to run them; but unless your fleet is
*huge*, I don't think I'd go on to add a Northwestern Pacific car, a
Mississippi Central car, a KO&G car, and a Hannibal Connecting car.
Unless there's specific documentation that they visited your line,
of course.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "charles slater" <atsfcondr42@...>
wrote:

In the new Larry Kline and Ted Culotta book "The Postwar Freight
Car Fleet"
on page 46 there is a picture of P.E. 2770 in Harrisburg, Pa. on
July 19,
1947.
Charlie Slater

From: "sc279373" <sccooper@...>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] PE and CGW cars
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:47:57 -0000

Hello to you all
I'm the new boy on the block and I'd like to ask the following
question-
Would Pacific Electric and Chicago Great Western cars(of any sort)
be
seen in New Jersey or Pennsylvania ?
Would they make that sort of a long journey from their home road?
Regards
Steve
View Athlete's Collections with Live Search
http://sportmaps.live.com/index.html?
source=hmemailtaglinenov06&FORM=MGAC01