Re: Casting treatise

Gail & Tom Madden <tgmadden@...>

Tim O'Connor writes:
For that matter, perhaps Tom Madden may want to share his wonderful
treatise on casting resins with us, as a preventative measure!
Another very good idea.

Mike Brock
STMFC Moderator

That thing is so far out of date I'd just as soon it be permitted to die a
quiet death. It also led indirectly to my departure from the FCL three or
four years ago, when as the resident casting guru I blew my stack after some
clown disclosed what material Al was using. I overreacted, and took a real
e-mail beating for my trouble. Since then my policy has been to answer
casting questions by private e-mail, and to work with manufacturers. As for
needing any preventive measures, the members of this list are extremely
knowledgeable and have a pretty good grasp of current hobby technologies.
I'll respond to specific questions, but with our collective knowledge I just
don't see us thrashing around in the sort of entry-level extended discussion
that tires us all out - on any topic!

Tom