From: Edwin C. Kirstatter
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Cc: HMeem@timesdispatch.com
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2007 11:26 AM
Subject: [STMFC] AAR mechanical designations.

If you look in there back pages of an ORER of October 1955
you will find this description for Class "T"- Tank Car Types:

"TW"- Tank car equipped with one or more wooden containers.

Heinz was one company that had both types of these cars.
The horizontal cars were used to carry Vinegar (Acetic acid)
and the vertical tubs were for cucumber pickles in brine.

Heinz had in the good ol' days advertised on their Reefers their
many products that they manufactured, +57+ Varieties.

An old Walthers decal #92 and Red Ball cardboard car side No.38
for these cars advertised: Pickles, Euchred Figs, Onions & Etc.
I have seen pictures of these old RS class cars.

Now I understand how to make pickles but how do you euchre a fig?

In my dictionary it says: euchre n. 1. A card game for two to four
players.
v.t. chred, chring 1. In the game of euchre, to defeat (the
trump-makingside)
by taking three tricks. 2. Informal, To outwit or defeat.

How do you outwit a Fig?

Edwin C. Kirstatter.