Re: Fruit Growers Express service to Campbell's Soup Company in Camden, NJ

Tim Gilbert <tgilbert@...>

Richard Hendrickson wrote:

On Jan 23, 2007, at 7:00 AM, Bill Welch wrote:

PRSL does not appear in any of the ORER's I have for the period 1948-
1953 and I am hoping someone on this list may know what they refer to.
Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines, the joint PRR-RDG line across New
Jersey. PRSL never had rolling stock that was interchanged; freight
cars used on its rails came from either of the two railroads that owned
it (or, of course, from other RRs via interchange).

Richard and Bill,

PRSL was the joint PRR-RDG railroad across Southern New Jersey including main lines from Camden to Cape May and Atlantic City plus branches to Ocean City, Wildwood and others. The railroad's name was changed in 1933 from the Atlantic City RR to Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines.

Tim Gilbert