Re: ORER numerology???

rfederle@...

I have an ORER for Oct 10th '79 and they have all the digits. I checked several railroads and all have 8's, 9's and numbers ending with with 0's. This is the only issue I have however.

Robert Federle
---- laramielarry <ostresh@uwyo.edu> wrote:

Hi Folks

While transcribing the July, 1950, ORER to an Excel file, I noticed
that none* of the "Item" numbers (line numbers) end in 8, 9, or 0.
Rather, the sequence is:

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,21,22,...

Is this true of other ORERs as well? Does anyone know the reason for
this curious "numerology"? Or its history?

*Actually, there is one occurrence of an 8, the record for a Chicago &
Illinois Western roofless box car.

Best wishes,
Larry Ostresh