Re: demise of kits

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

I have to take exception to the notion that cars built from the old kits don't look as good because they don't have as much detail as the new plastic cars.

I'm currently building six Silver Streak kits from the 60's and two Athearn stell reefer kits from that era. They have an appearance feature that can't be found in plastic. The wood reefer kits look like wood, and the Atheran cars look like steel. You may get a passable imitation of steel in plastic, but there's no way that a plastic model of a wood car will look like wood.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478