DL&W

Justin Kahn

Dear Tom
I'm afraid not within a country mile; I'm not sure whether to suggest you encourage him to join STMFC to sample what serious concern for prototype fidelity looks like or discourage him from joining, lest it drive him out of model railroading entirely.
I agree about the several H&BTM modern small 2-8-0's (only four, or were there more?): lovely lines.
I wonder how close a Ma&Pa modern (i.e., #41-43) would be without the Elesco FW heater?
Jace Kahn, General Manager
Ceres and Canisteo RR Co.

I mentioned that to my buddy, but he just wanted a stand-in for one of
the DL&W 0-8-0's: said that it was close! My reply was "O-K-A-Y!"
Surprising since this person is a stickler for doing it right!

Now if I could only find an engine that could be re-worked to be a
Huntingdon & Broad Top Mountain 2-8-0 #37 which was a standard off-the-
shelf Baldwin.
Tom Olsen
Um, Tom, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am pretty sure the
DL&W
didn't have any USRA 0-8-0's; their only 0-8-0's, as I recall, were the
homebuilts from 4-6-2's to keep the shop crews employed during the
Depressions. Now the ERIE had USRA-type 0-8-0's...
Jace Kahn, General Manager
Turn searches into helpful donations. Make your search count. http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG