Re: New HO 1944 "short rib" CMStP&P ribside boxcars.

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

Tim O'C comments-

Denny I think this is the same car that Intermountain is doing.
There was a model on display at the IRC booth at Springfield.

My understanding is that IM is doing a slightly different version, but which one I do not know. It is not listed on their web page and they are holding their cards close to their vests. I will bet that the intermediate ribs will be included, however. I will also bet that once produced it will be only available assembled.

My question about the Ribside car: did they fix the roof?
:-[ Hmm..ah-h. What was wrong with the roof (up to now I have not been made aware of significant roof deficiencies)? The roof on the 1939 version was "Murphy double panel Type I" while the roof on the 1944 series is supposed to be "Murphy double panel Type II". I am not certain what that difference might be.

There have been criticisms that the end corrugations have flattened tops instead of the expected smooth curves. I think that is true, but in all honesty it will not be noticed unless the car is finished in gloss.

Denny
--
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento