Re: painting kits

Raymond Young

Hello,

I assemble the undeframe parts and then airbrush the underfram with the base coat followed by weathering. It is easier to glue unpainted parts. On the superstructure, I usually leave the parts unpainted, unless I have substituted wire grabs. I hand-paint these after assembley. Pre-blackening the wire grabs helps their appearance when the paint flakes off .

Virgil Young
Amarillo, TX.

radius158 <gard158@hotmail.com> wrote:
a beginners type question...have to start somewhere...in the assembly of
kits such an intermountain railway kit, is it easier to airbrush paint
the deatil parts before attaching them to the body parts, as opposed to
painting the car after parts attached? DG