Re: Accurate STMFC freight car list

rfederle@...

Hello Paul,

I too joined RPI last week and at present they are changing webpages and software. They are experiencing login problems and as such I have not had access yet. I have been assured though that my subscription will not start until I have full access to material. Just thought I would give you a heads up. If you have problems e-mail John Nehrich and / or William Hill (John can forward e-mail for you to William).

Robert Federle
---- Paul & Bernice Hillman <chris_hillman@msn.com> wrote:

Jeff,

I checked out the RPI and am sending them the $8.00 for a month's
access. Nehrich has presented quite a list and it should prove
helpful. I've always liked his work in mag articles that he's done.
I'm sure he's tried to do some serious and accurate work.

It's strange how one seemingly indisputable, dependable source will
list it's info, then another indisputable source presents opposite
info rebuking the first's. So, who can one believe until, in the end,
we ultimately verify everything for ourselves??? I myself kind of go
for the, "that's close enough" approach, sorta???

Thanks, Paul Hillman

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, jaley <jaley@...> wrote:

Paul,

John Nehrich has published such a guide through the RPI
Club. I
will leave it to you and Google to come up with a citation.

I will note two things:
1) Not everyone on this list will necessarily agree with John's
classification of what is accurate and what is not.
2) We have covered this topic several times before, and no
consensus has
ever been reached. That should not preclude you, however, from
making the
attempt, if you so desire.

If you'd like to see how big a quagmire this really is, take
just
one "accurate" car and make a statement about it. For example, "The
Intermountain 'PFE R-40-23' is an accurate model of a PFE R-40-23
reefer."

Regards,

-Jeff

--