Re: brass wire for detailing

Bruce Smith

On Mar 2, 2007, at 6:29 AM, Michael Watnoski wrote:
The Detail
Associates wire is hard. If it is bent at a tight right angle it
will break. The area wher it is to bent should be heated with a
butane lighter momentarily to aneal the wire first.
I bend DA wire, often well past 90 degrees, without experiencing breakage and have never annealed it. I have found that I can even bend it several times before it does break. DA wire is usually my first choice because it does bend and HOLD its shape, yet is not easily bent by accident. My experience with Precision Scale wire is that it is "softer" and easier to bend by accident. After kicking around on my bench for a few months, there are no straight pieces of Precision wire!

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL