Re: brass wire for detailing

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

Richard notes-
Clover House also has various sizes of brass wire.... and Russ Clover is a good guy who runs a first rate direct-mail operation. www.cloverhouse.com
Richard has that exactly right. Over the years Russ has been the first to carry some of the most interesting and useful scratch-building and detailing products that railroad modelers could wish for. His fine line of dry transfers include the all time best billboard: Sudbury Brewing Co.'s "Even the Camel Cant Go" [sic.] and "This is the Beer Boys" [sic.]. I will probably bite the bullet and create this car just for the graphics.

Russ first advertised his business in MR in about 1953. With a twinkle in his eye he commented to me last year that "[his business] had been a perfectly good way to absolutely ruin a fine hobby for me!" His catalogues over the years have been beautiful.

He is looking to retirement, and we should join him in hoping that he can pass his business on to someone else with his his good humor and commitment to service.

Denny

--
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento