Re: anthracite hoppers

cshope@...

Tim

There was some anthracite found in Arkansas in the large cola fields along
the Arkansas River northwest Little Rock. Also the bituminous coal found in
western end of the Arkansas coal field was high grade metallurgical coal. I
understand a lot of the metallurgical coal went west to Colorado and Utah.
I also under the anthracite was used at least in the region for home
heating. I would have to look at the D&R by Bill Pollard to back these
facts up.

Respectfully submitted

Charles D. Shope

AKA BleuBayouEagle