Re: anthracite hoppers

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim O'Connor
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2007 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] anthracite hoppers

Tim O'Connor writes:

"While it's true that much Fontana coal and ore came from Utah, I have
not seen photos of MP hoppers on the Rio Grande or UP in that area. I
think it's idle speculation in the absence of photos."

We have many small "windows" into the past...of different types from photos to frt conductor books. These "windows" provide us with "leads" but it's difficult to be confident with conclusions that might be drawn. To add to the confusion of this case, I have photos of MP hoppers in Laramie in the early 50's. Should we jump to conclusions about their cargo? Not me.

Mike Brock