Re: 4th gon in the saga

Chet French <cfrench@...>

John,

My untrained eyes see the Speedwitch large WABASH lettering being
very close to the correct 18" in height, while the F&C set measures
21 inches.

Chet French
Dixon, IL

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "golden1014" <golden1014@...> wrote:

Clark, All,

I checked the Speedwitch Wabash gondola decals vs. the F&C decals
last night. The Speedwitch decals are appox. six inches shorter in
height than the F&C decals supplied with the gondola kit. I
wouldn'd
discount using the SW set yet, as you should compare the F&C decals
with a prototype photo.

Anyway, thought you'd like to know. My Westerfield DS car with the
SW decals turned out quite nice IMHO.

John

John Golden
O'Fallon, IL

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "golden1014" <golden1014@> wrote:

Hey Clark,

I'm halfway through building the same F&C car, although I'm doing
the ACL version. You're right--it's a nice car and the side/end
castings are pretty nice.

As for decals, I recently used a set of Speedwitch decals to
finish
a Wabash DS box car. Ted offers a Wabash set for the 65' mill gon
and the large WABASH lettering fits the Westerfield box just
right
and isn't as bulky as the Westerfield set.

I'll do a TLAR (That Looks About Right) check with Ted's set on
the
ACL car and let you know if that set could work for the 'Bash car.

John

John Golden
O'Fallon, IL